Tuesday, June 7, 2016

The Show must go On

Plantin' taters

This morning will be a hard act to follow. Before my eyes were really open channel one was showing a Ruby-throated Hummingbird that was visiting every single flower on the Cigar Plant found at Sunnycrest a couple of weeks ago.

It was a soft blur of motion, then rattled like a moth against a window as it entered the center of the plant and its wings hit the leaves.

How nice to know that it does attract hummers, as advertised.I found a different member of the same family this week....coincidentally...and I am sold on Cuphea. Very nice plants.

Then I went out the other door for some reason and a female American Redstart was flitting around the new flowerbed Alan and I built this weekend. She has become so tame! she flies right up to see what I am about and tugs at every bit of string and fiber around the yard, looking for nest linings I guess.

It is sweet to see the old cows and the heifer out on the hill. The grass is up to the heifer's back. All you could see of her last night was a dark line above the green. Of course if we kept the deworming program running right, back in the day, this pasture would feed fifty heifers for the season...or at least most of it. 

Three isn't much of a strain. They need their salt block though....so I am nagging at the salt block moving people to get 'er done.






from Northview Diary http://ift.tt/1XAAFg7

No comments:

Post a Comment