Monday, June 20, 2016

Solstice


 The Solstice is my kind of day. The summer one that is. The only good thing about the winter one is that the days start getting longer....far too slowly.

This full moon day, it was light enough to see outside at 4 when I got up...Good thing too, because I practically tripped over a deer....eating my beets dagnabbit. 

............Mikie B, I hope you are reading this!

I was worried about my folks, who lost power last night due to a tree down on wires. When they have no electricity they have neither water, nor cooking, nor cooling abilities and I was concerned about their safety and comfort.

Turns out it came back on at 11 last night but still.

We are all making the most of this lovely long day.

The boss went down for gas for the Massey really early and we unloaded the two loads of hay that he had baled, then he baled another and we threw that off too. Then a hydraulic line on the baler broke...to the tune of $78 bucks..... so he is debating whether to make one out of hose or buy one. As of a couple of hours ago the rest of the hay wasn't ready yet anyhow.....alas, since it is going to rain.

The kids are out getting some ground ready to plant. I suppose I had better collect up the tomato plants and get out there but we are enjoying orange floats right now and I kinda want to savor mine.

 A whole bunch of Red-eyed Vireos flying around.....how cool is that?

from Northview Diary http://ift.tt/28LqXBy

No comments:

Post a Comment