Sunday, June 26, 2016

LPN’S June Monthly Favourites

It has been an insanely crazy month.

While I’m always quite the busy gal, the current status of my life is a little extra busy. You see, I’ve been trying to knock out all my of Norwegian language courses, which I need for my permanent residency application. In between that, I’m working full time, teaching yoga, (trying to) keep up with LPN, and still attempting to find time to ground down and maintain a social life. Phewf.

I got pretty close to calling it a digital detox this weekend for the second week in a row… but I couldn’t, because I’ve got all these amazing things to share with you <3

So lovelies, I hope you enjoy this Sunday dish of my favourite natural beauty & wellness faves at the moment.

Josh Rosebrook Nourish Shampoo & Conditioner 
Josh Rosebrook Shampoo Review

Holy moly! I cannot believe it took me this long to finally try Josh Rosebrook’s haircare. This stuff is my new haircare fave. I have yet to find another product as EFFECTIVE and PURE as this one. The ingredients speak for themselves, and my pounds of hair that feel light and super clean for two days after a wash tells the rest of the story.

The ingredients for the shampoo? Aloe vera leaf juice, water, black soap, saponified coconut oil, camelina oil, hemp seed oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil, evening primrose oil, almond oil, calendula, nettle, catnip, alfalfa, rose hips, flax, dandelion, rosemary, linden flowers, *Burdock, horsetail, sage, chamomile, ginseng, oregano, thyme, lavender, peppermint, goldenseal, cinnamon, cayenne, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, lavender essential oil, orange essential oil, rosemary essential oil, ylang ylang essential oil.

Next time you flip over your shampoo and conditioner bottles, have a little comparison around how many ingredients you don’t understand. I think you’ll be as pleasantly surprised about this find as I am. This is a repurchase, no doubt.

Shop

Shop Shampoo & Conditioner
Online at The Detox Market

Pure Prana Label Meditation Cushion Meditation Cushion

These busy days have upped my need and practice in meditation. Staying present, even if it’s just for a few moments in the morning before I really start the day. I was lucky enough to be gifted this beautiful meditation cushion from Pure Prana Label.  Not only is it beautiful – it’s made with organic flax linen (a renewable resource), organic dyes and filled with buckwheat hulls! <3

The designer has put so much love and thought into her meditation cushions. I hope you enjoy some peace and presence on your own soon.

Shop

Pure Prana Label Online  

Lafe’s Natural Dry Shampoo for BrunettesNatural Dry Shampoo for Brown Hair

To all my brunette sisters who still face a little of that white dust in the roots after applying the dry shampoo… I bring you, a natural dry shampoo for your brunette needs (oh and they have one for my blonde girls too xx). It’s clean and the dust keeps the hair from looking “greyish” at the top thanks to pigmentation from iron oxides (just like in your mineral makeup).

It also comes in a super handy little “spouted” top, meaning application is a serious cinch. Check out the colour below.

Lafe's Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair

 Shop

Lafe’s Brunette Dry Shampoo

Lafe’s Blond Dry Shampoo

Liquido Active Pants in Mandala Teal

Liquido ActiveCan we talk about these pants, though? <3 <3 <3

Liquido Active has not been a stranger to my Instagram account – I am all about these crazy pant patterns these days. When I saw these mandala pants in teal, I fell in l-o-v-e. I always feel like I wear a little bit too much black, so when I got the chance to wear “black” with crazy patterns in pink and teal, well, you know what happened. 

Shop

Online at Liquido Active 

In Oslo: Leela Yoga

Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Embrace Kjaer Weis Blush Review

As spring moves to summer, I am loving this cream blush from Kjaer Weis in the colour Embrace. I’ve always loved Kjaer Weis’ products, so now it’s just about finding new colours to enjoy all the year round. My only real complaint is that her compacts are so solid and durable (read: heavy), that loading a few products into your purse could be your mini workout for the day. Actually, maybe that isn’t such a bad thing.

The shade Embrace is super pretty on any skin shade – after a good blend with the fingers, the hue is pretty perfect. Also, I’m loving a more creamy blusher during the summer months. It keeps everything looking a little more youthful and dewy. <3

Shop

Shop online at Net-a-Porter

OSEA Undaria Algae Oil

OSEA Algae Body Oil

Yup, I used half the bottle before I was able to get around to taking a picture of this awesome body oil by OSEA. You see, I test all the products I blog on, but usually I take photos before I’ve used so much up. Well, given my schedule, and the fact that I couldn’t help myself, I present to you a perfect body oil for summer.

It’s citrusy scented, lightweight (despite being an “oil”), and is wonderful for skin repair. It is loaded with oils of acai, babassu, passion fruit, sesame and Undaria Algae.  The certified organic Undaria Algae is hand-harvested off the coast of Patagonia from some pretty pristine waters.  Undaria Algae Oil contains concentrated sea minerals that are rich in B vitamins to firm, hydrate, and tone, plus omega fatty acids minimize redness and inflammation while Vitamins A, C, and E help repair damaged.

Shop

Online at Osea Malibu

Tamanu Oil Lab – Custom Blend 
Tamanu Oils review

I am loving this little company Tamanu Oil Lab, that works with Tamanu oil and blends them beautifully. She has set up a number of products that are premixed, but when I found out she did bespoke blending, I “had to have.”

A chance to put all my favourite essential oils and blending base oils into one beautifying facial oil? Yes please. What did I choose? Ylang ylang and sandalwood, mixed into a base of rosehip, pumpkin and avocado oils. Super hydrating, smells divine, and packed with anti-aging vitamin A, C and the added benefit of female-system-balancing aromatherapy. <3

So what is Tamanu Oil good for? Hailing from the South Pacific, the tamanu tree is the basis for this healing oil. Tamanu oil is used to activate your skin’s ability to heal and rejuvenate itself. Tamanu oil helps in issues ranging from acne, to dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema fine lines and wrinkles, hyper pigmentation and even rosacea.

Shop

Online at Tamanu Oil Labs

 

Northport Naturals’ Detoxifying Clay MaskNorthport Naturals Detoxifying Clay Mask

And my last find this month? The awesome detoxifying clay mask from Northport Naturals. If you want something that is going to suck out impurities from the skin, this one will do the trick. Whoa! Put a small amount of the powder in a bowl then add equal parts water and mix well. After applying evenly, go have a cup of tea and read a few pages in your book. I would recommend using this mask for no more than 10 minutes, is it is pretty darn powerful – it comes from volcanic ash, yoh!

Following the removal with warm water and a washcloth, I used my facial oil and a hydrosol. My skin was feeling absolutely amazing. This is a great product for those hormonal breakouts that happen around the chin and jaw line – and anyone with oily / acne prone skin.

I’d argue most breakouts come from what’s going on inside the body — but once there there, this is a great way to help rid the body of what it’s trying to let escape through the skin.

Shop

Online at Northport Naturals 

Well my loves, there you have it.

June’s faves, in all their glory.

X

K

 

The post LPN’S June Monthly Favourites appeared first on Living Pretty, Naturally.



from Living Pretty, Naturally http://ift.tt/28Xh6gL

No comments:

Post a Comment