Friday, July 8, 2016

Decline Free Offer


Despite painstakingly doing everything I could to stop Microcrud from updating this poor old thing to Windows 10........

Despite reading everything I would find on how to avoid it.....

I still got the dreaded screen with the x that isn't exit.

Thanks to Kim Komando I knew enough to not click that x, which begins the install, but rather to click...twice....the decline free offer button.

Because yeah, I need a word processing program and mine (from what I have read) doesn't play nice with Windows 10. Don't want to buy another one. Don't want to mess with another one. I know how to use the one I have.

This is not a big problem for me personally, although it is annoying in spades.

What is a big problem is that I am going away for a week, tomorrow, and the boss will be playing with this. We share.

He is not tech savvy. He forgets.

If I come home from camp and find this thing running a program that won't run the stuff I use for work I am going to be really ticked off.

I am not sure what to do about this. How do I make sure he doesn't accidentally update?

from Northview Diary http://ift.tt/29DiAJV

No comments:

Post a Comment