Thursday, June 22, 2017

Addition

Bent on subtraction...yesterday's Coopers Hawk

I was introduced yesterday to a mathematical concept that was utterly new to me. This one.

It seems illogical, but it is the way things are done. Anyhow, now I know why I could never do those memes where they substitute cheeseburgers for numbers. And here I always thought it was because I got distracted by all that food. Instead it's from not paying attention in math class.

However, there is another sort of math we are pretty good at here at Northview Farm. Adding to the population of song birds.

Today's fledglings include two broods of baby Black-capped Chickadees, some Eastern Phoebes, at least one, if not two broods of Purple Finches, and some newly minted House Finches.

Fortuitously the mulberries are just getting ripe. However, the newbies are also getting lessons in bird feeders 101, except the phoebes of course. They are having insects instead.

The yard is teeming with birds making such a clatter and chatter.

from Northview Diary http://ift.tt/2rG44by

No comments:

Post a Comment