Saturday, January 7, 2017

Treasure Chest


I am such a treasure hunter...can never resist looking for cool stuff, whether it be shells, or stones, or interesting plants and animals. I think that is why I like birding so much....never know what you might find next.

Anyhow, my mama and dad gave me this box for Christmas. The box itself is treasure enough, but it was full of my grandmother's correspondence...... letters, Christmas and birthday cards, my aunt's 1953 Social Studies homework and tons of other items of interest. Even old phone bills for six dollars.....

I discovered that my late Godmother, my mother's college roommate, carried on an extensive correspondence with my maternal grandmother, long after college was over. She was such a dear and much missed. It was nice to read of her student teaching days and nice things said about my mama and aunt and uncles.

It made me feel better about those stacks of old Christmas cards and stray birthday cards and old newspaper articles and other odds and ends that occupy various spots in our domicile. I keep thinking I should throw them out...but maybe someday, someone, will find them and think they are amazing and awesome. You never know.



from Northview Diary http://ift.tt/2j2nmDR

No comments:

Post a Comment