Thursday, November 3, 2016

Funny Thing about Neighbors


We have some dear neighbors who have been through some real hard times lately. I won't say; it's their story. Suffice to say there is no such thing as enough sympathy...... The dad of the family stops in every now and then to talk to the boss. There are many decades of friendship there and they can always talk....

The house always looks like a cyclone touched down on those days and I always apologize and wish it was clean. Not that it is ever very clean, but it is sometimes worse than other times.

This morning I woke up and thought, 'I've got to get this kitchen in order because x is going to stop today. It would be nice if was clean for a change.'

I just had a feeling.....Of course I didn't think it was really going to happen, but I dabbled around doing some dishes and picked up a bit here and there.....it's still a mess, but somewhat less of a mess than it was when I got up.

And then came the knock on the door....yeah, as a dear friend said the other day.... We are all connected in our minds, some closer than others.....

So there is some therapeutic talking over of the old times of farming going on all around me. The kitchen is still a mess....maybe later, maybe later.

Or maybe not.



from Northview Diary http://ift.tt/2eYixvN

No comments:

Post a Comment