Thursday, April 11, 2019

BBB Tour Continues

He insisted on doing this over our misgivings

Finished the beaches part yesterday with a heavy heart. Alan said we would fall in love with the Outer Banks and I sure did. Hated to leave, as predicted.




I love Florida, but OBX is more by being less. Off season, so fewer people....less developed.....a lot more welcoming. People were just plain nice to us.



Looks as if we are going to be fighting the Hatteras Island Inn for a refund over our stolen food and toiletries though> However, I'll bet I can write a negative review as well as the next person. Not letting that spoil our fun.

Wall O' Water

We found 50 species in North Carolina over the short time we spent there. Many of them count as life birds for me, although I saw them in Georgia and Florida in the 70s on my first trip south. Those include Little Blue Heron, Snowy Egrets and such. At least one was a real life bird...the three Whimbrels on the very first day. Yesterday we visited Bodie Island Lighthouse and racked up a mess of birds. It was pretty much paradise as I have imagined it.

Then we drove across rural NC into Virginia to Appomattox to begin the Battlefields section of the tour. Everything was closed by the time we got here, so we will be visiting the various places today. 

Sanderlings......because......because.....Sanderlings!


Of course in my world the Birds part of the story never stops.


The last Beach



from Northview Diary http://bit.ly/2X1AJr9

No comments:

Post a Comment