Sunday, July 2, 2017

Almanac


Still raining every day. Flooding up west and at least two tornadoes. The Chicory came in bloom today, just in time for July.



Today would have been my grandfather's birthday. He was such a good man...I still miss him.

I walked up back this morning; the roads are like quicksand, the hay over my head. You can barely see Alan's Warlock through it.



The Bobolinks have gone silent and secret. I only saw four. Guess this is what they do at nesting time. Hope they hurry up and get done, as the hay must come off as soon as the weather allows. 

For Linda and Boomer

Lots of fledglings around, finches, chickadees, and titmice among others. Just counted a dozen Chimney Swifts when the guys were loading out hay. There have only been two in recent weeks, but they may be done nesting and gathering up into larger flocks. Our nephew nearly stepping on a Dark-eyed Junco's nest up where we camp. I had no idea that any of them nested that far south.

Anyhow, I sure hope summer doesn't fly by as fast and and miserably as spring did. We are ready for some hay weather for sure.




from Northview Diary http://ift.tt/2t6hK2k

No comments:

Post a Comment